Remember: “All these world are yours except Europa. Attempt no landings there.” And as for music news for October 8, 2022…
- Jacob Hoggard, the singer for Hedley, is being sued for $2.8 million over a sexual assault.
- Here’s a sweet voicemail message Taylor Hawkins once left Miley Cyrus.
- Radio pioneer Rosalie Trembley has become the first Canadian to be inducted into the American Radio Hall of Fame.
- Wanna buy songwriter Jim Steinman’s place? It’s up for sale–and it’s quite the house.
- These are currently the most expensive records in the world.
- “The Most Unwanted Song.” Discuss. (Via Peter)
- Spotify has bought this company to help combat “harmful content.”
- Apple Music has added some new features for artists.
- This new drum machine “has heart disease.” Here’s an explainer.
- Jonathan Davis of Korn has a new line of pet products. It’s called Freak on a Leash, of course.
- A “lost” Cowboy Junkies album just got released...
- …and a secret recording of a Neil Young show in Hamilton was found in a donation box.
- Here’s the story of how Michael Jackson bought the Beatles’ catalogue right out from under Paul McCartney.
- Here’s how streaming music services are using playlists to control the music industry.
- Do politicians really need walk-on music?
- Music magazines are getting increasingly nostalgic. Why?
- Radio: Still some work to do. Watch this.
BONUS: I was thinking about this when I was watching the CBC documentary on the ’72 Canada-Russia series. I’m glad someone did the experiment.