It was on this day in 1954–65 years today–that the first NTSC colour TVs went on sale. As for music news on February 28, 2018…
- Vicky Cornell, Chris’ widow, spoke before Congress about addiction treatment and health care reform.
- Meanwhile, her wrongful death lawsuit against Chris’ doctor continues.
- And then over in Jussie Smollett Land…
- A new System of a Down album? No…no…
- R Kelly’s $100,000 bail was apparently posted by a fan.
- Michael Jackson’s family continues to lash out over that explosive he-was-a-pedo documentary that will debut on HBO next week.
- There is no way we can continue to separate Michael Jackson’s music from his deeds, Discuss.
- Songs from Ed Sheeran and Ariana Grande have been banned in one Indonesian province because they are “pornographic.”
- Tencent, the giant Chinese media company, is thinking about buying half of Universal Music for
- Metal glass? Yes.
- Beefcake the Mighty has left GWAR. I know. I’m crushed, too.
- Spotify has launched in India. The cost: US$1.67 a month. And the Indian version has a perk that the rest of the world doesn’t have.
- Pirate radio stations are still a big problem in the US, apparently.
- Jimi Hendrix changed the way people thought about the electric guitar. Here’s how.
- Bohemian Rhapsody will be released in China, although there will be some problematic challenges for the official censors.
- Those same sorts of censors cut Lady Gaga out of the Oscars.
- Do NOT play any of these video games.
- Sure, this phone has
greatbattery life, but…
- Like weird guitars? Try these.