Random music news for Thursday, June 3, 2021
This car can go from 0-60 mph in 1.85 seconds. Want. And now, music news for June 3, 2021.
- These songwriters are doing okay when it comes to revenue. Who knew that Lou Reed’s estate was making this much?
- YouTube says it paid out US$4 billion to the music industry in the last year.
- A fan of Donald Trump? Then you might be interested in these Cameo offerings.
- Looking for a 90-year-old pipe organ? This one in Hamilton is free to a good home.
- An indie label is about to release some “lost tapes” by David Bowie and Marc Bolan.
- When L7 met Motley Crue, “There were penises everywhere.”
- Music’s biggest competitor right now? Podcasts.
- “Algorithmically reanimating dead musicians to sing against their will.” Discuss.
- Eurovision 2021 was watched by 183 million people. That’s almost twice the audience of the Super Bowl.
- Nick Mason of Pink Floyd and AC/DC’s Brian Johnson go for a ride in a near priceless Ferarri 250 GTO. (Okay, it’s actually worth US$40 million.) The car helped finance Pink Floyd’s Momentary Lapse of Reason tour. (Via Rob)
- Um, okay. Why not?
- So much for that promised Hole reunion.
- Paul Stanley is quite pleased about the script for the upcoming KISS biopic, Shout It Out Loud.
- Mick Jagger is coming to the rescue of Venice. (VIa Sean)
BONUS: A rockin’ parrot.
More? Look here.