Published on May 16th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, May 16, 2019
It was 90 years ago today that the first-ever Academy Awards took place. Meanwhile, in the world for music news for May 16, 2019, we have this..
- A judge has adjourned the Woodstock 50 trial. Legally, the festival can still go ahead–but good luck with that.
- Tom DeLonge says that he plans to return to Blink-182. Hmm.
- Fascinating fact: Euron Greyjoy once hosted the Eurovision song contest.
- And Arya Stark has a new creator collaboration app.
- Oh, Morrissey. Why?
- TRUMP-FM. Yes, really.
- Spotify has this new editing tool for podcasters. It’s called Soundtrap.
- I can finally connect my Google Assistant to my Sonos system. You can, too.
- Well, Mick Jagger seems to be recovering well from his heart surgery. See?
- Fake artists plague Spotify, sucking up billions of streams. This is a real problem.
- This Game of Thrones/Michael Jackson thing made me laugh. (Via Tom)
- Tom Petty’s daughters are suing his widow for $5 million. Christmas will be fun.
- Meanwhile, Ariana Grande has been sued for posting pictures of herself on Instagram.
- Britney Spears’ manager says that she may never perform again. What’s really going on with her?
- This looks interesting: Director Todd Haynes’ first documentary is on the Velvet Underground.
- KISS Crocs.
- It looks like Kanye is going to get his own episode of Rick & Morty.