On my way to Edmonton today to present this. It looks like it’s going to be a sellout, so thank you Edmonton! Meanwhile, music news for November 17, 2022, continues as usual.
- First, Twitter fired half the staff (~7,500 people). Then Meta dropped 11,000 employees. Now Amazon is ready to lay off 10,000 people.
- Taylor Swift 1, Ticketmaster 0.
- This could be the weirdest iPhone accessory: It’s an ear wax busting kit.
- Ten years ago, we were talking about something the Infinite Jukebox. How did that turn out?
- Are these the crankiest musicians of all time? (Via Michael)
- Got an iPhone and find yourself in an emergency? Good news.
- Could Google’s latest spam update be bad for music websites? Maybe.
- One-eighth of the world–mostly young people–are at risk of hearing loss. This isn’t good. Obviously.
- Handy: How to dress like a rock star.
- That’s a VHS tape, kid. Be thankful that you never had to deal with them.
- Mariah Carey will not be able to call herself “Queen of Christmas.” Good.
- Has streaming killed the one-hit-wonder? Discuss.
- “Too broke to play: How touring is turning musicians penniless.”
- There are too many songs, part 1.
- There are too many songs, part 2.
BONUS: How about a little Brian Johnson vocal deconstruction? ( Via Larry)