Schmooze, the elder English bull terrier is now 13. She’s a little hung over from the party but otherwise fine. Now some music news for May 25, 2021.
- One person was killed and at least a dozen people were shot at a South Carolina concert over the weekend.
- Megadeth has fired bass player Dave Ellefson over sexual misconduct allegations.
- Liam Gallagher says he’d reunite Oasis for free. But it’s not up to him, is it?
- Machine Gun Kelly’s black tongue. Eew.
- This upcoming book could create some big problems for country music.
- Moby speaks about what he knows about Trump and Russia.
- The Who has a commemorative coin from the Royal Mint.
- French President Emmanuel Macron lost(?) a bet and ended up with a metal band called Ultra Vomit at his house. And here’s the video in question. (Via Sean)
- And here’s a sample of Ultra Vomit.
- Is it just me or are some of the hardest and heaviest bands in the world are all-female groups (like this) from Japan? (Via Walter)
- If you have an Apple Watch and a Spotify account, you may be interested in this new feature.
- This how the BBC covered Goth music in 1987.
- Are you super-super-sensitive to certain sounds? This could be the issue.
- Let’s clear this up: Hi-Res Audio, Hi-Def, HD, and HiFi (when used by Spotify) are all the same thing. But now that everyone is getting into the game, it shows how much the streaming industry has matured.
- This sort of tech is looking to destroy the voiceover business.
- Tixxy is an app that promises to help you never miss a gig again.
More news? Look here.