Published on July 25th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, July 25, 2018
It was on this day in 1965 that Bob Dylan went electric at the Newport Folk Festival. Things haven’t been the same since. Moving to music news for July 25, 2018…
- More “I love cassettes!” nonsense.
- Remember the dude behind the Fyre Festival fiasco? He has to pay $27.4 million fines.
- Alex Turner of the Arctic Monkeys has upset some fans with his new look.
- This is an odd musical Twitter spat between two…stadiums?
- Ghostface Killah’s cryptocurrency isn’t feeling so good.
- When was the last time you saw a cop at a concert do this?
- R Kelly has decided to respond to all those sexual misconduct allegations in a 19-minute song.
- A bunch of Deep Purple albums are going to be reissued on purple vinyl. (Via Tom)
- It’s not a new System of a Down album, but it could be the next best thing.
- Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler has come clean about his years of drug addiction.
- Are you watching Sharp Objects on HBO? Best pay attention to the music.
- If you have an Amazon Echo, you can now ask it for a little more bass.
- Don’t attack your bandmates on stage, okay?
- If you’re into high-end audio and wondering about this thing called MQA, read this.
- Are you ready for eSports to be an Olympic sport? It could be coming.
- What’s it like to be a DJ at a sex party? This.
- The choir that performed at the Royal Wedding now has a record deal.
- Bryan Ferry’s ex-wife, Lucy Birley, has died while on vacation.
- Now there’s a Pink Floyd opera. Behold Another Brick in the Wall.
- Do we really need another remake of A Star is Born? Too bad. We’re getting one.