Scientists have counted up all the ants on Earth. The number is approximately 20 000 000 000 000 0000. That means there are 2,000 time more ant on Earth than there are stars in the galaxy, Ponder that as you look at music news for September 21, 2022.
- Smashing Pumpins have announced Atum, a “rock opera in three acts.” It’s being promoted as a sequel to Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Thirty-three tracks to be released in three tranches of 11 starting in November.
- Will Kanye sell his songs to a conglomerate? He’s thinking about it.
- Spotify is having trouble with bootleg podcasts.
- Nice one, Lil Nas X.
- If you were ever a fan of 70s pop music, this analysis may forever change your opinion of these songs.
- 50 Cent is suing is a plastic surgeon. Something about a penis enlargement procedure he didn’t have.
- Payola in the American radio business is alive and well. This is not good.
- Wait. There’s still a market for floppy computer disks? Yes.
- There’s a new picture book based on Don McClean’s classic song, “American Pie.”
- A Hong Kong harmonica player has been arrested for playing for the Queen.
- Our Kid is now 50.
- Donald Trump, Mar-A-Largo’s resident DJ.
- About 700,000 new songs were just licensed to Meta for use on Facebook.
- Elton John has a gig at the White House.
BONUS: The COO of Beyond Meat was arrested for trying to eat a man’s nose. Think about that for a sec.
BONUS BONUS: The most popular websites over the decades. (And check out this evolution of data media.)