Published on September 26th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, September 26, 2018
On this day in 1973, Concorde made its first trip across the Atlantic. Forty-five years later, we’re actually traveling slower. And now, music news for September 26, 2018.
- Speaking of airlines, this might take the sting out of flight delays. Or maybe not.
- Gary Numan’s tour bus was in a fatal accident with an elderly man in Cleveland. Numan is devastated.
- It looks like we have Maroon 5 for the Super Bowl halftime show. Could’ve been the Foo Fighters, but they were passed over.
- Dude. It’s JUST A BRUNO MARS SONG! No need to have done this.
- How weird is it being in Beyonce’s orbit? This weird.
- Tim Cook to Dr. Dre: “No way we’re showing THAT on Apple platforms.”
- Have we heard the last of Suge Knight? It’s possible.
- And how weird is it that being a Facebook moderator can result in a case of PTSD? (Via Tom)
- SiriusXM’s purchase of Pandora could really change the balance of power in the streaming world as well as in the world of advertisting. Here’s why. And here’s more.
- Turns out that George Michael was a really, really unhappy guy.
- The guy who promoted the disastrous Fyre Festival wants a shorter sentence, claiming mental illness.
- Spotify has leased an incredible amount of space at the new World Trade Centre in New York.
- A bunch of big companies (including Google) are working on an anti-piracy database.
- This new Netflix series on music industry crimes and misdemeanors looks great.
- Can you pick out Liam’s kid?
- Here’s a new British music landmark. Think it’ll attract tourists?
- This is a new twist in the Michael Hutchence story. He had a head injury?
- Rapper Lil Xan ended up in the hospital after eating too many hot Cheetos.