Published on September 30th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, September 30, 2016
Anyone know of any radio stations that have flipped to all-Christmas music yet? There’s gotta be a couple already. In other music news…
- It’s ON! Radioplayer vs. iHeartRadio.
- CBS is getting out of radio business. What does this mean for the future of the medium? (Hint: Not much. Radio will endure but in an evolved form. That’s my take, anyway.)
- Yeah, it’ll be Lady Gaga for halftime at the Super Bowl.
- Abbey Road Studios are now much more than just a recording studio complex.
- Bon Jovi’s Ritchie Sambora had a bad, bad night in Australia.
- Not music related but fun: Which Simpsons character speaks the most words?
- Interesting: “How Grunge Ate Itself.”
- Remember that long Kate Bush residency in London a couple of years ago? The live album is on the way.
- Provocative on a racial level: “Could Rap Music Be Whitewashed the Way Rock’n’Roll Was?”
- I didn’t realize that Gavin Rossdale of Bush also had this job.
- Let’s hear it for this still-chugging Commodore 64! (Via Tom)
- Tori Amos doesn’t like Donald Trump. What a surprise.
- Now Jay Z has a film and TV deal...
- …and Beyonce is a now a tech investor.
- Why a lot of rappers like Joy Division.
- These estates of dead musicians are making TONS of money.
- And finally, a jazz rendition of the Donkey Kong theme.