Random Music News for Saturday, July 16, 2016
Apollo 11 was launched towards the moon on this day in 1969. No, it wasn’t faked. And now, the music news.
- Interesting article: “Searching for the Tragically Hip’s Mythical Bobcaygeon.”
- A new trend for superstar artists: get rid of a manager who takes 20% and go with paid staff instead.
- Yes, that was Ozzy in the new Ghostbusters.
- Tool’s Maynard James Keenan is planning a book tour for his upcoming autobiography.
- If it came down to a choice between Donald Trump and Alice Cooper for president of the US, I know who I’d choose.
- Queens of the Stone Age will probably record a new album by the end of the year.
- Going to London, England, anytime soon? Why not take a punk rock walk?
- Festival d’été de Québec, which is on now on the Plains of Abraham and features everyone from the Chili Peppers to Rammstein to Bryan Ferry–sold out with 133,000 tickets. Wow.
- Is it time to stop singing national anthems before sporting events?
- This could be the most cringeworthy groom-to-bride music video ever made.
- “Holy crap! They’re playing ‘Ace of Spades!'” (Via Danny)
- The Ramones are getting another street named after them. (Via Tom)