Random Music News for Saturday, October 22, 2016
Should I bother cutting the grass today? Or are we done for the year? (I vote the latter.) And now, some music news.
- HMV will close its store in Toronto’s Eaton Centre at the end of the year. Thankfully, the flagship store up the street at 333 Yonge is being left alone.
- Astronomers have found “spiders” on Mars. Somewhere, David Bowie is grinning.
- Someone has found a way to link Donald Trump to Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin’.”
- Adele’s current tour has earned $150 million USD–so far.
- Some Guns’N’Roses lyrics have come up as evidence in a murder trial.
- Interesting concept: Will virtual reality do to TV what streaming has done to CD sales?
- Leo DiCaprio as Sun Records’ Sam Phillips in a new biopic? Apparently.
- Listen to a new live recording from Kate Bush.
- The Mario theme arranged for trumpet and handgun, You heard me.
- This Taylor Swift “groping” lawsuit is strange. Why would she want part of the evidence sealed?
- Guitars once used by the Beach Boys are expensive.