Random Music News for Wednesday, August 31, 2016
It’s Prince Diana in the Paris Tunnel Day. Has it been 19 years already? And now, in music news…
- Apple has scheduled an event for September 7. Will the iPhone 7 have a headphone jack or not?
- U2 “Live at the Bolshoi Theatre.” Before you click, remember that this cannot be unseen. You’ve been warned.
- A fun article on music in advertising: “What Killed the Jingle?”
- Album sales are down 25.5% year-to-date in Canada. Vinyl remains up 34%.
- Stevie Wonder engaged in a free-throw contest. You read that right.
- Using your radio training to help you through brain surgery.
- Speaking of radio, did we just pick up some alien signals from a star called HD 164595?
- A brief history of sports people having issues with “The Star-Spangled Banner.”
- The husband of Heart singer Ann Wilson has been arrested for assault.
- Chris Brown: Still an idiot, apparently. Here’s a timeline of his legal issues. And it’s getting weirder. (Via Tom)
- The head of Deezer North America quit to head up a vaping company. Seriously.
- “Spotify can’t live on $10 a month.”
- This Israeli singer was forced off the stage because she was wearing a bikini–at a beach festival.
- Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” has been censored in some prisons because it’s “too violent.”
- Phil Rudd won’t return to AC/DC as long as Axl Rose is there.