Published on December 21st, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, December 21, 2016
It’s now winter. Only three months to go. And now, music news…
- Apparently, Andrea Bocelli will NOT perform at the Trump inauguration. Too much backlash from fans.
- Remember Richard Marx? He took down a deranged passenger during a flight between Hanoi and Seoul. He was, er, right there waiting. (Via Tom)
- Here’s how the 1% of 1% will spend New Year’s Eve in the Caribbean.
- Prince died without paying his divorce lawyer. Complications? Maybe.
- The investigation into the secondary concert market in the UK has turned up some interesting things.
- How would you like your secret Santa to be Snoop Dogg? That’s what happened to this woman. (Via Larry)
- Here’s another purported solution to the perfect sound of a Stradivarius violin.
- This smartass parrot thinks it’s Google Voice.
- Facebook’s upcoming AI assistant will be called Jarvis. Its voice will be supplied by Morgan Freeman. That’s awesome. Seriously, it is.
- Interesting: we can now search Apple music by composer.
- Nielsen has bought Gracenote, the digital data business. This means they’ll now incorporate tracking of 200 million songs. That’s a lot of data.
- Here’s a great look back on David Bowie’s awesome final year.
- This new book by drummer Kenny Aronoff (John Mellancamp, Smashing Pumpkins, plenty of others) looks great. Love the title, too: Sex, Drums and Rock’n’Roll.
- These dystopian music videos pretty much sum up the shittiness that was 2016.
- We don’t get Pandora in Canada, but here is the service’s top 100 songs of 2016.