Published on June 7th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, June 7, 2017
Which is the most depressing show on TV: The Leftovers or The Handmaid’s Tale? And now, the music news for June 7…
- Need to listen to something at work? Try this 11-hour playlist on the history of punk.
- And here’s the history of hip hop in just four minutes.
- Noel Gallagher is donating the royalties from “Don’t Look Back in Anger” to victims of the Manchester attack. Was he shamed into it?
- Yesterday would have been David Bowie and Iman’s 25th wedding anniversary.
- Toronto’s Ginger Ale and the Monowhales has a cool Facebook thing planned for tomorrow.
- The website for a proper book on the history of Toronto’s legendary Horseshoe Tavern is now up.
- Looking for a new podcast and keep getting lost? Try Audiosear.ch to see if it helps.
- The soundtrack for Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 is coming out on cassette. Naturally.
- Will we get a new Queens of the Stone Age single within the next two weeks? There’s a good chance we will.
- What does it take to put Beyonce on tour? A lot.
- Has the mystery of this 40-year-old radio signal been solved?
- Ed Sheeran set a new world record. Not a very important one, though.