A research study into the preferences of American teens has been released by a financial company called Piper Sandler, something they’ve been doing biannually for 20 years. Nearly 200,000 teens were surveyed with the average age being 15.8 years.
Here are some topline results.
- 86% of teens own an iPhone and 89% expect an iPhone to be their next phone, both all-time survey highs
- Snapchat is the favorite social media platform; Instagram fell from No. 2 to No. 3 as TikTok moved up to No. 2
- Teens’ favorite celebrity is Kevin Hart and most followed influencer is David Dobrik
- Video games are 10% of total teen wallet share—new survey high; 63% expect to purchase a NextGen console
- Louis Vuitton unseats Michael Kors for No. 1 spot as a preferred handbag; Coach gained share
- Secondhand represents 8% of shopping time allocation, taking share from off-price, specialty & dept. stores
Read more here.