Published on June 17th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Finalist in the 2015 SOCAN Songwriting Awards
The 10th annual SOCAN Songwriting Prize–$10,000 in cash–will be given out later this summer . Here are the finalists on the English side of the ledger:
- Archie, Marry Me” – written by Alec O’Hanley and Molly Rankin; performed by Alvvays
- “Old Knives” – written by James Anderson and Cold Specks; performed by Cold Specks; published by Kobalt and Cold Specks Music Ltd.
- “I Heard I Had” – written by Andrew McTaggart, Danielle McTaggart; performed by Dear Rouge; published by dear Rouge
- “In My Solitude” – written by Laura Bates,Tyler Belluz, Aaron Brooks, Lisa Conway, Karen Ng, Chris Sandes, Ira Zingraff; performed by Del Bel
- “Hideaway” – written by Rami Afuni and Kiesza; performed by Keisza; published by Universal Music Publishing Group, Afuni Music (BMI), Music Of Liberal Arts Publishing (BMI), Songs Of Universal (BMI), EMI Blackwood Music Canada Ltd., Elephant Eye Publishing, and Stellar Songs Ltd.
- “You Look Like Trouble (But I Guess I Do Too)” – written and performed by Lisa Leblanc; published by Third Side Music Inc.
- “The Bells” – written by Lowell, Justin Broad and Paul Herman; performed by Lowell; published by BMG Rights, BMG Rights Management Ltd. (PRS), Peermusic, Submarine Music Ltd., Fintage, and Voxwatch Ltd. (PRS)
- “It’s A Burn” – written and performed by Samantha Savage Smith
- “Young Gunner” – written by Joel Chambers, Nevon Sinclair and Renee Wisdom; performed by Shi Wisdom
- “Private Island” – written by Daniel Jacques and Allie Ho-Sang; performed by 2nd Son featuring Allie
And from the rules:
From June 14 to July 1 2015, Canadian music fans can vote for their favourite song by either visiting www.socansongwritingprize.ca or through Twitter, by using the hashtag #mySSPvote and identifying the artist’s name in the tweet. Fans can vote once a day.
The winner will be announced sometime during the week of July 6.