Actually, this week’s show was recorded while I was in Winnipeg. It would have been cooler to record it while I was in LA, but Michael was too much of a time zone wuss. Or was it me? I can’t remember.
- We talk about my Kate Bush adventure. Michael cries. Just a little bit. (Yes, I took that picture for this week’s show art. And yes, we were asked not to take pictures during the show. But I couldn’t help myself.)
- Homestar Runner is back!
- This past weekend was the first weekend in something like 50 years without any Saturday morning cartoons. We need to discuss this.
- Bose blocks Beats by Dr. Dre with NFL deal. No more Beats on the sidelines.
- Gadget are helping to sell music http://www.geeksandbeats.com/2014/10/so-whats-helping-to-sell-gadgets-music-apparently/
- Miracle Travel Mug of Traveling is travelling. Still.
- Listener response @geeksandbeats right here.
- Half of us will be live on location. Guess which half.
- Spotify launches in Canada. Finally.
- Apple CarPlay comes to Pioneer stereos with Spotify support.
- Fire Chat powers Hong Kong protests. WiFi? Internet? We don’t need none of that with Fire Chat.
- Could you get a computer virus from Bruce Springsteen? Yep.
Get the download at the Geeks and Beats website and browse through the fabulous content created by our poorly-paid writers. Okay, we don’t pay them at all. But they’re still fabulous.
Should you need to reach us, leave us a message at (323) 319-NERD. We really, really need people to call us. We’re lonely.
Speaking of lonely, we could use more “likes” on our Facebook page. Our “like” number is pathetic. And you really should automatically subscribe to the podcast through iTunes. If you don’t, we’ll just get lonelier.
Have I missed anything? Oh, here’s a picture of my bathroom at the Sunset Marquis in Hollywood a.k.a the hotel where rock stars like Dave Gahan go to overdose. (Look it up.) Notice the rubber duckies on the bathtub.