This rare Apple computer just sold for US$400,000. Old tech can be worth big bucks. Let’s move over to music news for November 12, 2021.
- RIP Graeme Edge, drummer for the Moody Blues.
- Wow. There’s no love lost between Paul Stanley and his sister.
- Wait: Damon Albarn completely severed off one of his fingers in a cooking accident? Yes!
- Facebook’s new avatars look way too realistic. See?
- And is Facebook’s metaverse dead on arrival? Maybe.
- Still with social media, Instagram is testing “take a break” reminders...
- …and YouTube is removing “dislike” counts on all videos.
- Jay-Z 1, perfume company 0 in contract dispute.
- Now this would be an interesting collaboration: Noel Gallagher and Nile Rodgers.
- Trooper has lost its two founding members, yet the band will continue. How is that possible?
- Lucian Grange, the head of Universal Music Group, makes more money than all UK songwriters combined. This is not going over well.
- Rolling Stones jeans? Why not?
- A father and daughter were tortured and killed over some extremely valuable Stradivarius violins.
- Please enjoy this climate-themed dance track from Jarvis Cocker.
- Like puns? Then you’ll LOVE this. (Via Andrew)
- Apple AirTags? Might be worth it.
- TikTok’s effect on music is only going to get stronger. But how much stronger?
More news? Check here.
BONUS: If the common cold is a coronavirus just like COVID, why can’t there be a vaccine for that, too? Well, there might be.