I’m technically on vacation for a couple of weeks but I haven’t missed a day of posting music news since sometime in 2011. I’ll keep that streak going. Here’s what’s happening on November 25, 2022.
- Has your boss ever shown you porn or is own sex tapes? No? Then you never worked for Kanye.
- Still with Ye, he’s running for president in 2024. He’s asked Donald Trump to be his running mate.
- The state of Israel to Kanye: “Let us out of it.“
- Not good, Mariah.
- Undercover police in London UK ran a sting operation by running a record store.
- That’s an odd place for Elton John to play his last American show, don’t you think?
- “Favourite lyrics reveal your attachment style.” What would a psychologist say about you?
- Uh, thanks, Travis?
- REM has published a children’s book based on their song “Shiny Happy People.”
- This is the best description of the coming metaverse that I’ve read so far. I think it’s important that you give it a look. It’s the future of the internet.
- Speaking of which, let’s talk about music rights in the metaverse.
- Prepare for super-realistic digital renditions of acts like The Beatles and Elvis. This is going to be…weird.
- This doesn’t look good, does it, Apple?
- After defying a grim prognosis by doctors for years, British singer Wilko Johnson has died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 75.
BONUS: Wait: Herschel Walker is one of the 100 people in the United States best qualified to be a senator? A guy who says things like this?
BONUS BONUS: The Trailer Park Boys have a theory about Rush and Triumph. (Via Darren)