Published on August 31st, 2015 | by Alan Cross1
Random Music News for Monday, August 31, 2015
It’s Princess Diana death day. Where were you in 1998 when you heard?
- Tidal is facing a $20 million lawsuit–and Drake is in the middle of it.
- Celine Dion is trolling for new songs from fans. This could be a giant windfall for someone.
- Michael Jackson loved eggplant pizza. Just sayin‘.
- Tyler Perry just bought Nat King Cole’s old piano for $150K.
- Need exercise? SoulCycle is sweeping America. It’s kind of like spinning but with, er, soul music.
- The twerking grandma. Yep, it’s as bad as you imagine.
- Burning Man: weirder than ever.
- Why does Apple need such a massive venue for its iPhone event next Wednesday. Could it have to do with music?
- Adele has reportedly been offered $5 million a week to play Vegas. Here are more details.
- I’ve been waiting to see this film about Joe Strummer’s Dodge for a while. It’s coming on DVD next month.
- Speaking of films, I can’t wait to see Rockin’ the Kasbah with Bill Murray.
- How a new government ruling could make Broadway musicals full of static.
- Prince story #1: His muse.
- Prince story #2: The day Prince called. (Via Bobby)
- Okay, these backstage demands are just stupid. What’s wrong with Rae Sremmurd?
- Kim and Kanye want to help a guy who needs a kidney.
- Chrissie Hynde is one of the most admired women in all of rock’n’roll but she’s getting slammed for saying this.
- New music tools for Vine!
- Kraftwerk is going to release a 3D album this fall. Wait: what’s a “3D album?“
- It looks like there may be a new Coldplay album this fall.
- Shazam has lost $50 million over the last three years even though it has 120 million users. Something’s wrong.