Published on July 30th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Monday, July 30, 2018
Back on this day in 1966, England won the World Cup over Germany in extra time. As for music news on July 30, 2018…
- Here are the ways tech is changing live music.
- Rock and pop aren’t the only genres where older people don’t understand what the young are listening to. Read about the generational divide in hip-hop.
- Moby is selling this house. It’s really nice.
- Like Led Zeppelin? Got a coffee table? Then here’s a book to put on it.
- Rick Astley’s new (temporary) drummer is 83 years old. And it’s Mary Berry from The Great British Bake-Off. No, really.
- The church of headbangers? Yes, in Minneapolis. (Via Tom)
- Is this the best video of the 21st century?
- Netflix has ordered a series based on the murder of a club DJ.
- These earbuds work and sound just like a home theatre system set-up.
- There has been an injury in Greta Van Fleet which has caused some postponements.
- Here’s some fun computer analysis of Beatles’ songwriting,
- Lance Bass and Miley Cyrus are hoping to go in together on buying the Brady Bunch house.
- Pussy Riot is working to free a girl who’s accused of an anti-Putin plot.
- What’s the future for the music video? Let’s take a look.
- Never thought of this: Why is the devil always portrayed as playing a fiddle?
- So why did Elton John’s bodyguards carry him across the sand when he went to the beach? It wasn’t that hot.
- Looks like the iPad Pro is about to lose the 3.5mm headphone jack.