Why is DST still a thing? It plays hell on the mind and body. It’s never been proven to do anything for the economy. We end up with a weekend that’s one hour shorter (yes, we get it back in the fall, but that’s stupid, too). And people keep pronouncing it “daylight savings time,” is wrong.
Rant over. Here’s music news for March 12, 2018.
- Bono is having to deal with accusations that people at his charity are bullies, creating a toxic work environment.
- Katie Perry killed a nun. Sort of.
- Want to get blacklisted from the music industry? Here’s how to do it.
- Bose, famous for its speakers and headphones, is getting into VR.
- Could there be two Smashing Pumpkins EPs on the horizon? Maybe.
- Here’s why you should vet the person who’s going to sing your official World Cup song.
- Glen Campbell’s house is up for sale. It comes with a really nice recording studio.
- Here’s an area we’ll visit on the upcoming rock’n’roll tour of London I’m leading in May.
- This must have been one hot show.
- How much do Spotify and the record labels need each other? Let’s take a look.
- Elon Musk says he’s inspired by Kanye West. Wait–what?
- Record labels are making a real push into Africa. Here’s why.
- The organizer of the Fyre Festival has been fined $26 million.
- Someone paid over $500,000 USD for Einstein’s violin.
- The “David Bowie Is” museum exhibit is now in Brooklyn. A fourth-grader gives it a rating. (Via Tom)