So we’re getting a new Star Trek film after all! Good. Now some music news for July 17, 2021.
- RIP rapper Biz Markie at age 57.
- Donald Trump is having trouble selling tickets for his arena tour.
- “The death of the megahit.” Discuss.
- Here was an opportunity to use “Mick Jagger” and “brown sugar” in a headline without talking about the song.
- Two of the Sex Pistols are suing Johnny Lydon. The problem? Song rights.
- Producer Rick Rubin is expanding into film and TV.
- Lorde on the roof. (Via Sean)
- Here comes another company that wants to buy up song catalogues.
- Americans spend four hours a day on apps.
- Another Amy Winehouse documentary is on the way.
- Want to buy a slice of the royaltiues from the Shrek franchise? You can–but it’ll cost you.
- Was this the first true American prog band?
- It’s not often we hear about a record selling 10 million copies anymore–but here’s an exception.
- Britney will now be able to hire her own lawyer.
- Want to get your song on Canadian radio? Here are some hints.
More news? Look here.