Spongebob? Is that you? If not, who or what is it? Ponder that as you browse through music news for July 28, 2022.
- Things are NOT going well for Facebook employees. See?
- YouTube’s quarterly revenues are up again.
- And Spotify’s subscriber numbers are up, too.
- Speaking of Spotify, Ed Sheeran has become the first artist to have 100,000,000 followers.
- Bruce Springsteen’s manager is defending the dynamic pricing model that drove ticket prices to US$5,000.
- Lollapalooza is moving to–wait–India.
- This new legal tool–if it gets off the ground–could be helpful for all musicians.
- If you’re in Toronto, Live Nation has some concert ticket deals for the rest of the summer.
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert has announced some week-long musical guest residencies. Good idea! (Via Sean)
- Could Arabic pop be the next big thing? Perhaps.
- R Kelly’s manager sounds like a swell guy, too. (Sean again)
- Looking for something to livestream this weekend? There’s the massive Fuji Rock Festival from Japan.
- Shania Twain is talking about her battle with Lyme disease.
- “Will classic rockers age gracefully?” Discuss.
- Here’s an interesting plan for recycling CDs.
- Uh, why?
BONUS: WOW! So cool! Make sure you watch this all the way to the end.