Random music news for Thursday, September 9, 2021
A good question: Why is there a tiny pocket above the front pocket on a pair of jeans? Here’s the answer. With that knowledge, you can move on to music news for September 9, 2021.
- So…Britney is free?
- Wait: The Barenaked Ladies are working on a secret project with Geddy Lee? Apparently.
- This EDM festival apparently turned into a literal shit show. Ew.
- Twenty One Pilots have an all-request virtual gig planned. Details here.
- Does listening to music help your mental health? Do we even need to ask that question? Apparenty so.
- Drake is expanding from basketball to football. He’s going to help ESPN with Monday Night Football music.
- The odd insurance case of the INXS guitarist and the severed finger.
- Owner Viagogo has sold has sold a big chunk of StubHub.
- Here is a new trend in songwriting that…well, I find it a bit concerning.
- On a related note, I predicted this some time ago: Reuse and overuse of classic tunes is killing new songs.
- There have been changes to the music aspect of Facebook Gaming that you might find useful.
- Sorry about this. I think. (Via Tom)
BONUS: All these everyday things didn’t exist before 9/11.
BONUS BONUS: Because science needed to create a duck that insults people, we now have one.
More news? Check here.