Published on September 23rd, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, September 23, 2015
I can’t believe how much baseball matters to me now. I haven’t been this wrapped up in MLB since 1993. But we’re here for music news, right?
- Adele for Glastonbury in 2016?
- Now that Ryan Adams has covered the Taylor Swift’s entire 1989 album, who else should do that?
- I DO NOT like this: the trend towards embedding advertising in songs.
- Take this quiz: match the rapper to his/her bling.
- A good idea: albums sold at gigs will now be counted for the official UK charts.
- If you’re a Seattle Seahawks fan, you might want to get in on this petition. Yes, it involves music.
- This is the most tear-jerking music video you may ever see. Just warning you…
- Does Apple Music have 15 million subscribers?
- This is interesting: how Drake is capitalizing on our diminishing attention span.
- Justin Timblerlake is now writing songs for TV shows.
- Are you a songwriter? Then you may be interested in SoundFreqs.
- Yeah, Bruno Mars is signed for Super Bowl 50–but there’s a petition to draft the Grateful Dead. Good luck with that.
- There’s a new book on AC/DC frontman Bon Scott.
- Sean Penn has filed a $10 million libel lawsuit against the creator of Fox’s Empire.
- There’s a new(ish) Beatles compilation coming for Christmas. Surprise!
- Happy birthday, Joan Jett.
- Madonna to dance: “Kiss my foot, you worm!”
- Who are the highest paid rappers in hip hop? Forbes finds out. (Yes, Drake is in here.)