Random Music News for Monday, July 10, 2017
Happy birthday, Nikola Tesla! And now, the music news for July 10.
- Is Spotify putting fake artists on some playlists? That’s the accusation.
- Who was the first person to accuse Michael Jackson of child abuse? Lawyers are searching for that person.
- The Freddie Mercury biopic is a go now that Brian May has approved the star of Mr. Robot, Rami Malek, to play the lead role.
- Interesting: Prince’s videos are back online. He’d never have allowed that if he were still alive.
- As fans were waiting for Green Day to perform at a festival in Spain, an acrobat fell 30 metres to his death. And the show went on.
- In Green Day’s defense, though, they had no idea anything had happened and they feel terrible about the whole situation. Here’s the whole message from Billie Joe.
- Marilyn Manson’s father passed away on Friday.
- It was 60 years ago last week that John first met Paul.
- Imagine having Paul McCartney crashing your vacation.
- This fall is going to be fun. Liam Gallagher’s solo album comes October 6. Noel’s next record will be released November 9. A revisit of Blur vs. Oasis ’95?
- Icelandair is reimagining the whole idea of in-flight entertainment.
- Why men-only music festivals are a bad idea.
- This year’s Glastonbury clean-up was the fastest ever. The cows are already back in the field. Nicely done.
- How Milli Vanilli explains both Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin. No, really.
- Serious props to the Carolina Panthers for putting out some of the most clever tweets of all time. And yes, this has to do with music.
- Why are the Japanese so obsessed with girl bands? Here’s an explanation. (Via Tom)
- Steve Jobs: The Opera.