Random Music News for Saturday, August 20, 2016
Sorry world, but Canada will be closed starting at 8:30 tonight. Meanwhile, here’s where you can find all the NON-Tragically Hip music news of the day.
- Metallica will release their first album in eight years this November. Prepare for Hardwired…to Self-Destruct.
- So is Pandora going to turn from an Internet radio station (that’s really what it is) into a streaming music service? Maybe.
- Bob Egan is leaving Blue Rodeo after 17 years.
- More Pink Floyd vinyl reissues are in the chute.
- The lawyers that brought “Happy Birthday” in the public domain earned a really nice payday.
- US dumbass swimmer Ryan Lochte has hired the same firm Justin Bieber retained to rehabilitate his image.
- So what’s it like to choose the music for public spaces like airports? This.
- Looking back on the essential punk book, Please Kill Me.
- The Economist looks back on 25 years of Oasis. (Yes, THAT Economist.)
- Apple Music is really, really struggling in South Korea. Here’s why.
- This is going to annoy some people: Live Nation has a way certain people can jump the line at music festivals.
- Adele has not been well recently.