In case you missed the news, two people died and 13 others were injured at this past weekend’s Veld Festival at Downsview Park in Toronto. Bad/poisoned/contaminated drugs (E? GBH? MDMA?) are suspected, but we don’t know yet.
One story I heard–and I can’t confirm this–was that water was a problem. The story goes that because people couldn’t bring in their own water (or were limited in doing so) and because the lines to get fresh water were so long, people ran into hydration problems–a common thing with certain rave drugs–which lead to terrible effects on the body.