I saw some romaine lettuce on sale at my grocery store. so it must be safe. right? So can we stop pretending that it’s okay to male a caesar salad with kale? And now, music news for December 19, 2018.
- The Vans Warped Tour: not dead yet!
- What’s it like to be Madonna’s and P-Diddy’s party planner? This.
- Mariah Carey’s 24-year-old “All I Want for Christmas is You” is now the highest-charting Christmas single in 60 years. (Next stop: The Chipmunks’ “The Chipmunk Song.”)
- Apple is now in the elevator music business.
- What is it with the Brits and The Killers’ “
Mr.Brightside?” This song just won’t quit!
- Thom Yorke has made the shortlist for the Oscars’ Best Original Song. We’ll find out if he made the cut when the nominations are announced next month.
- Study: Want to be more productive at work? Listen to classic rock.
- Speaking of which, here’s an interesting take on
olderrock by a Millennial. It’s a good read.
- There’s more financial trouble ahead for Gibson Guitars.
- Just in case you want to spend/are spending Christmas in Los Angeles, you’ll need this song by Vulfpeck. (Via Christopher)
- Note to rappers: Don’t curse in public in Georgia or you could get fined just like T.I.
- Looking for a name for your metal band? Try this list of reasons for admission to a lunatic asylum back in the 1800s. (Via Tom)
- Another retail casualty: HMV closes up shop in Hong Kong.
- A noise-cancelling doghouse? Yep.
- A former member of The Runaways was a winner on Jeopardy this week.
- American broadcasting is weird. They’ll show all manner of violence on prime-time television, but if an accidental f-bomb gets dropped, people melt down in outrage. See?
- An AI bot-written Christmas movie? Someone tried.
- If you love going to raves, you’ll want to take a look at this new global rave map.
- Collect vinyl? Take some tips from this guy. He knows a thing or two.
- The rich are not like you and